Hulu instructions for...
Other devices (We recommend PC/Mac computer for setting up)
- Go to www.hulu.com and make sure you are logged out; if your name appears in the top right corner then hover over it and click Log Out.
- Go to www.hulu.com/gift.
- Type in the gift card code and click Redeem. If the error "HBL-22 Redemption Service Unavailable" appears then please switch over to a smart phone using cellular data network (instead of wi-fi) and follow these same instructions from there.
- Select the type of subscription you like - base subscription with or without commercials. (If you are setting up a Hulu Live TV subscription then no worries, you will have the option to select that later)
- A form appears for you to fill out. If a message appears saying that you are already a member and you can log in, click on that and log into your account. If this does not appear then please continue filling out the form to register on Hulu.
If the instructions above do not work then there are is a good chance that you have a subscription to Hulu that is on hold. This happens when subscriptions are let to run their course without there being credit for keeping them active. Please go to hulu.com on a computer, log in and select Account (Usually underneath your name on top right corner) and then "Email - Update". Change the email to e.g. email@example.com. Log out of this account and now go to www.hulu.com/gift type in your gift card code and create a new account using your email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
iOS or Apple TV with iTunes gift card
Setup a Hulu account
- Open the Hulu app on your Apple TV´s main menu. (If you are on 4th gen. Apple TV you need to download the Hulu app from the App Store)
- Select "Try 1 Week Free" and press enter on your remote.
- The email for your Apple ID should appear at this point if you are logged in, otherwise log in with your Apple ID. Now confirm pressing enter on your remote.
- Follow the instructions that appear and afterwards your Hulu account will be ready.
Once trial period is over your subscription will be charged on your iTunes account, subscription fee will be withdrawn from your iTunes balance. You can manage your subscription inside iTunes under Account -> View My Account -> Manage Subscriptions.
Please follow these instructions if you want to put a temporary hold on your subscription:
- Open iTunes on your computer then select iTunes Store
- Select Account from the top menu and then pick Log In.
- Log in with your Apple ID
- Now select View My Account under the Account menu item
- Your account information should appear at this point. Scroll down until you see "Subscriptions" and then click "Manage Subscriptions"
- Here you can disable your Hulu subscription. If you want to re-enable it at some point you can do it at this very same location within iTunes. This can also be done on your Apple TV.
If the instructions above do not work then there are is a good chance that you have a subscription to Hulu that is on hold. This happens when subscriptions are let to run their course without there being credit for keeping them active. Apple TV is known to have issues on restarting Hulu subscriptions under these circumstances. Please go to hulu.com on a computer, log in and select Account (Usually underneath your name on top right corner) and then "Email - Update". Change the email to e.g. email@example.com. Now restart the Hulu app on your Apple TV and try to re-establish a subscription through there.